Natural skin care secrets of a swimsuit model. Lets get Earthy.
Ladies, please also keep in mind I was working with a professional photographer who KNOWS how to shoot bikinis and skin.
- Swim suit prep. Before each swimwear shoot I exfoliate, exfoliate and exfoliate more. I use day old coffee grounds and a shower scrub glove. I turn the shower off, sit in the tub (empty) and scrub my body from head to tow. This is incredible for your lymph system and kidneys, which is where cellulite comes from. We carry around so much dead skin cells that it makes it hard for our skin to breathe therefore everything getting backed up. Scrub your bods ladies, and don’t spend any extra money.
2. I rehydrate my skin. I rehydrate my skin internally first. I drink as much juice as I can get into my sweet little body. Fruit and vegetable juices are natures BEST way to hydrate. I drink as much fluid as I can to make sure my body is good and naturally glowing. My specific favorites are a green juice with lemon, cucumber, celery, kale and ginger. I also love fresh coconut water from a YOUNG THAI coconut. It taste like a vanilla milkshake to me.
3. I moisturize my body. Now, this subject is so controversial. I rarely put anything ON my body that I would not eat. OUR SKIN is our third kidney. It in and of itself IS a filtration system. Putting processed oils and lotions on your skin is like pouring toxins directly into your system. I use pre-shoot and post exfoliating, Kopari’s coconut balm and and melt. I do this while sitting in the sunshine.
4. I get sunshine. Every body feels better in their body with a tan. I am not a huge fan of sunless tanners but I am a huge fan of Vitamin D. I naturally crave nature and being outside. I get really unmotivated if I do not spend too much time outside in the sun. Can it be dangerous? Sure, but I like to think I protect my skin by my lifestyle and the way I eat. I will say, I watch women at the beach and they act very different leaving the beach than they do when they first took their cover up off. It is mood boosting and as a swim suit model, it ALWAYS looks better after, mentally and physically.
5. I load up on fruit. Maybe she’s born with it, maybe its the mangos. I SWEAR they make my skin and face just glow. When I eat fruit in the sun as a mono meal, my body just thrives. My digestion is perfect ( important as a swim suit model) and my skin is clear.
6. I put Kopari Body glow EVERYWHERE. You can see on the photo above. When I first got this.. I was like “yea… no… I’m not a dancer.” haha I discovered it is like liquid gold. It just highlights all the right spots and covers all the not so camera friendly areas. It literally is like addicting and more importantly, safe for my skin. I feel naked trying to shoot without it.
7. I put turmeric on everything. Anytime you can reduce inflammation, your skin will look better. Inflammation affects the entire body, even if you can only feel it in one area of the body. If I am really feel inflammed I drink tart cherry juice with turmeric and celery! When I cook, I add turmeric and pepper to everything! It really makes a difference.
Shot by Rachel Wilkins Photo
Styled by Alexandra Styled
Skin love by Kopari Beauty
Swim wear by Tori Praver