1. “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.”
– Harriette Hartigan
Shots for Easi Hair Pro by Tyler Stewart of Tstewvisual
Therefore never supplicate. Appreciate.
Conversations with God. By Neale Donald Walsch. Whoa. Have you read it? I picked it up at a thrift store 7 years ago for $1. It matched my decor at the time. I had no idea this book, with a blue crayon dollar sign on it would change my life so much.
“For your thought about something is creative, and your word productive, and your thought and your word together are magnificently effective in giving birth to your reality.”
” I cannot tell you my truth until you stop telling me yours.”
“Listen to your feelings, Listen to your highest thought. Listen to your EXPERIENCE.”
Why do some people who follow Christ seem to hear more of the communication than than others?
“Because some people are willing to actually listen, They are willing to hear. They are willing to remain open to the communication even when it seems scary, or crazy, or downright wrong.”
” I will bring you the exact right thoughts, words or feelings at any given moment, suited precisely to the purpose at hand using one device or several.”
Conversations with God. Neale Donald Walsh
Shot by Jessie Swaby
2. I rehydrate my skin. I rehydrate my skin internally first. I drink as much juice as I can get into my sweet little body. Fruit and vegetable juices are natures BEST way to hydrate. I drink as much fluid as I can to make sure my body is good and naturally glowing. My specific favorites are a green juice with lemon, cucumber, celery, kale and ginger. I also love fresh coconut water from a YOUNG THAI coconut. It taste like a vanilla milkshake to me.
3. I moisturize my body. Now, this subject is so controversial. I rarely put anything ON my body that I would not eat. OUR SKIN is our third kidney. It in and of itself IS a filtration system. Putting processed oils and lotions on your skin is like pouring toxins directly into your system. I use pre-shoot and post exfoliating, Kopari’s coconut balm and and melt. I do this while sitting in the sunshine.
4. I get sunshine. Every body feels better in their body with a tan. I am not a huge fan of sunless tanners but I am a huge fan of Vitamin D. I naturally crave nature and being outside. I get really unmotivated if I do not spend too much time outside in the sun. Can it be dangerous? Sure, but I like to think I protect my skin by my lifestyle and the way I eat. I will say, I watch women at the beach and they act very different leaving the beach than they do when they first took their cover up off. It is mood boosting and as a swim suit model, it ALWAYS looks better after, mentally and physically.
5. I load up on fruit. Maybe she’s born with it, maybe its the mangos. I SWEAR they make my skin and face just glow. When I eat fruit in the sun as a mono meal, my body just thrives. My digestion is perfect ( important as a swim suit model) and my skin is clear.
6. I put Kopari Body glow EVERYWHERE. You can see on the photo above. When I first got this.. I was like “yea… no… I’m not a dancer.” haha I discovered it is like liquid gold. It just highlights all the right spots and covers all the not so camera friendly areas. It literally is like addicting and more importantly, safe for my skin. I feel naked trying to shoot without it.
7. I put turmeric on everything. Anytime you can reduce inflammation, your skin will look better. Inflammation affects the entire body, even if you can only feel it in one area of the body. If I am really feel inflammed I drink tart cherry juice with turmeric and celery! When I cook, I add turmeric and pepper to everything! It really makes a difference.
Shot by Rachel Wilkins Photo
Styled by Alexandra Styled
Skin love by Kopari Beauty
Swim wear by Tori Praver
Cook time 30
1 cup oat float (homemade)
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
1/8 cup of ground flax seeds
1 tbsp psyllium husks
1/4 cup oat bran
2 stevia packets
2 tsp of vanilla
1/2 can of pumpkin puree (NOT PUMPKIN PIE MIX, girl.. calm DDDOOWWWNN)
1 bag of vegan dark chocolate chips.
Blend oats, flax, psyllium husks, oat bran and protein powder. Blend to a powder. Empty into a large bowl and set aside. Blend pumpkin, stevia, 2 dates and vanilla. You can add a banana or more dates here if you would like it sweeter.
Add blended wet mixture to dry ingredients mixing bowl. Stir together, combining all. Add water or almond mix as needed. It will get sticky fast from the psyllium husks so you want to work quickly. When all the mixture is combined, add chocolate chips. Form into balls and flatten in baking sheet. ( Use wax paper if you do not want to grease the pan.)
1.You are not your resume.
2. You are loved.
3. JOY IS A CHOICE.
4. You can be in control of how you FEEL.
5. No one else is responsible for your emotions.
6. Fail to plan, plan to fail. Preparation is key.
7. Use what you HAVE, start where you ARE, do what you CAN.